Tuesday 24 November 2009

Grrrr - upgrading Ruby

Why is the YUM package stuck on 1.8.5? Want to use Declarative_Authorization but it needs Ruby >= 1.8.6. Tried to upgrade but the last thing you must do is to end up with two installs of Ruby on yr server. And the last thing I ended up with was ...
That way confusion and madness lie.
So I hope I have managed to uninstall one and upgrade the existing version to 1.8.7. Of course all of this would have been a whole load easier if YUM had had the right package ...
Oh sod it.
Hasn't worked - need to pass it a path I am guessing in the ./configure - path="/usr/bin" I am guessing ...

UPDATE: No - make that prefix=/usr
I read somewhere that that was a no-no and Linus Torvald himself will come and kick my arse for doing that. Hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment